Sunday, November 02, 2014

Joe Klecker; Gopher Women Fifth, Men Seventh at Big Ten Champs; Bersagel and Goucher Finish in the 2:30s at TCSNYC; Wear Testing




Gopher Women place fifth in the Big Ten Championships.  Liz Berkhotlz 16th, Becca Dyson 18th to lead Gopher women.  Race results HERE. Recap of the Gopher women HERE.

Men's finish seventh. Michael Van Voorhis(Wisconsin/St. Paul Central) second, Mason Ferlic(Micigan/Mounds Park Academy) finishes fourth. Adam Bartnik seventh, Obsa Ali 26th to lead Gopher men. Kevin Docherty was 44th(Iowa/Cretin Derham Hall). Results are HERE. Recap is HERE.

Annie Bersagel and Kara Goucher both finished in the 2:30s at the TCSNYC Marathon on a windy, cold day in the Big Apple.  Bersagel finished tenth in 2:33:02.  Goucher 14th in 2:37:03. Top finisher's results are HERE. "I went for it, hoping the leaders would shield the wind. It was too much and I suffered," Goucher tweeted after the race. "Thank you all for giving me the strength to finish...I got a little in over my head. It was really windy and I hit the wall for the first time in my career."



New York Times article reveals Michele Lilienthal's  role as a tester for running shoes HERE.

No comments: