Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Megan Hogan Returns with Human Race Win


Team USA Minnesota's Megan Hogan returned to racing from a long injury lay-off with a win at Sunday's 40th annual St. Patrick's Day Human Race in St. Paul.

The George Washington University alumnus (pictured above, #522) ran the out-and-back 8K race in 27:07, out-running defending champ Jenna Boren (#188), who clocked 27:24.

Chris Erichsen (pictured below) won the men's race, running 24:28. Chris Lundstrom was runner-up in 24:57.

The Human Race kicked off the 2011 USA Track and Field Minnesota Team Circuit.


“This was my first 8K race and I think it’s a good distance,” Hogan said in a Team USA Minnesota media release. “It was a tough race but once I get used to the distance, I will like it a lot more."

Hogan and the field battled gusty winds and unseasonably warm temperatures on the classic Summit Avenue course.

"I’m very affected by the wind and get thrown around a lot, so that hurt me a little," Hogan admitted. "The heat was a bit of a shock to my system but I can’t complain. I think the conditions definitely affected my time though."

Hogan chose the Human Race, she said, because she wanted a competitive, but low-key return to racing after the long lay-off.

“It’s been a while (since I’ve raced) so I knew it would be tough but it felt like a good effort. It was good to get out there again but I still have a lot of work to do.”

Hogan is pointing for the Payton Jordan Invitational in Palo Alto on April 29 where she will compete in the 10,000 meters.

Full results of the St. Patrick's Day Human Race can be found HERE.

Preliminary Team Circuit results can be found HERE.

Photos by Gene Niemi.

No comments: